A timeshare can make sense in some specific circumstances. For example, if you have a family reunion the same week and at the same place every year, but for most people, they are not the great deal they are made out to be. We specialize in timeshare cancellation because there are many secrets resorts don’t tell you before you sign the contract that will cost you thousands of dollars in the long run. Here are a few:
- Timeshares are a horrible investment
- In fact, they are not an investment at all. It makes little sense to put money into a depreciating asset and expect a return.
- You can get the same timeshare for half the price
- Timeshares are notoriously difficult to sell. That means that those who have purchased a timeshare but no longer want it must greatly discount their unit to sell it.
- You lose 50% or more when you sell
- In the worst-case scenario, you will be trapped with a timeshare unit you can’t even give away.
- It is cheaper to rent a timeshare
- Every year there are many people who can’t use their timeshares for various reasons. Instead of letting the timeshare sit vacant during that time, owners will rent out the unit to recoup some of the costs. This means you can rent for less than it would cost to own the same unit without any of the risks that come with timeshare ownership.
- Timeshares come with multiple hidden risks
- When you purchase a timeshare, you purchase a part of that building. If there is a natural disaster, you are responsible for a portion of rebuilding the timeshare.
- Trading is not as easy as claimed
- During a timeshare sales pitch, the sales representative will make it sound like you will be able to trade your unit with others easily. Rarely is it easy to exchange, and often you will have to pay additional fees to make a trade happen.
- If you can’t pay in full it is a terrible deal
- Another issue that timeshare representatives will often leave out is the cost of financing a timeshare. Banks know that timeshares will lose their value and don’t consider them to be real estate in the loans they provide. Instead of low rates, a timeshare will come with a double-digit interest rate.
- Travel is not taken into consideration
- One of the tricks representatives use is that they leave out the cost of travel when calculating the cost of the timeshare. If you are not paying attention, you may believe you are getting a deal when in reality, all the savings came from leaving out the travel expenses.
We are timeshare cancellation experts and can get you out of your contract. We started the industry and have never lost a case. If you desperately want out of your timeshare you have come to the right place. Call us for a free consultation.